Monday, December 7, 2009

Why Church...?

Why go to Church?

It's an extremely important question...with lots of super great answers. I could talk for hours about it...and if you know me...you know that I'm not exaggerating..lol.

I have many opinions about "why church"...Jesus tells us "why church"many times in the Bible...so while I was contemplating on how to answer this question in the shortest and sweetest way possible...this song came to my head and I think it does a pretty good job of bringing home one of the basic reasons for "why church" using 100 words or less.

So in the style of the great Mary Katherine Gallagher of Saturday Night Live fame...I feel that my thoughts are best expressed through the lyrics of the theme song to the 1982 hit situation comedy...Cheers:

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows Your name.
You wanna go where people know, people are all the same
You wanna go where everybody knows your name.

: )

SUPA STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?