Friday, September 25, 2009

Katie and The City

I think the longest I have lived in one place since I left home when I was 18 (left to go to college) was two years. I have seriously moved almost every year for the last 10 years. I'm a nomad. The good part about being a nomad is that you learn to be flexible not only in where you live, but in life in general. It teaches you to not only accept change, but to seek it at times and appreciate it. I made the decision that I am going to move to DC last week after a particularly craptastic week of commuting 4 hours a day to drive the 24 miles between Germantown and DC. I don't think it's a coincidence that my best friend just so happend to ask me if I would like to stay at her apartment in DC for two weeks while she was away right as I am trying to decide about where to live. I immediately fell in love with the area...Glover Park/Upper Georgetown...and decided to rent an apartment in my BFF's building. I know, I know..it seems hasty..but I've actually been thinking about it for a long time. So I will be an official city girl starting November 15th. I'm currently an unofficial city girl because although I spend most of my time in DC..I do still technically live in MD. Staying in DC over these last few days has been so awesome. I can't wait to be able to walk to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?