Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wanderers, Dreamers, and Lovers....




“Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche early in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them but usually I do not understand them… And seldom do they understand me. I am one of those searchers. There are, I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we completely content. We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach; we are drawn to the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hidden rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter. We are ambitious only for life itself and for anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevent our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life everything which is good and beautiful.”

Author Unknown

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like that...so true and very profound. Love the pic that is with it perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Katie. It really explains all of the soul-searchers out there, like us. Thanks for sharing. I'm reposting on my FB if you don't mind.
    By the way, I read your blog all the time and I love it. I'm not religious and really not even very spiritual, but I still find your messages to be inspiring. Keep it up and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Bree! I can't tell you how much it means to me that you read my blog. I especially love this posting because I think it puts into words exactly how I feel. I think that God puts the desire to seek deep within us so that we always hunger for knowledge...about the world around us, about ourselves, about each other. I never want to go back to a life that stamps out my God-given love to always learn, always explore, always pursue the light. I don't have specific visions of my future other than I know that I will continue on my journey for more....whatever that may mean. That is why I only surround myself with people that encourage my growth and have the same wonderment and zeal for life and knowledge. Anyone that I feel I have to prove myself to or puts restrictions on who I am...God Bless and adios! LOVE YOU BREE!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - as I said earlier on my blog - I can't wait to see where your wandering takes you, what your dreaming brings you and what your loving returns to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phenomenal quote! Absolutely love this one. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin'?