Thursday, September 2, 2010

Charity: Water



Some of my very favorite bloggers are joining together in order to raise $30,000 in 30 days for Charity: Water.

During the month of September, 30 bloggers will be working together in order to reach their $30,000 goal and bring clean drinking water to the dying in developing nations.

1. 100% of the money donated to Charity: water goes towards water projects.  2. $20 provides 1 person clean water for 20 years. According to Charity: water, if they reach their goal of $30,000 it will provide clean water to 1,500 people (300 families, 6 entire communities).
3. After you give, charity: water will keep you up-to-date with the status of the project you gave to, provide you with GPS coordinates of exactly where the well is being built, and take pictures and video along the way.
4. Scott Harrison, the founder of Charity: Water, leads these campaigns every September because it’s his birthday month.
5. http://mycharitywater.org/30 is the site where you make your donation, and where you can track the progress of our specific 30 Bloggers, 30 Days, $30,000 campaign.

Please join me in supporting this amazing cause.   Personally, I always forget how blessed I am to have clean drinking water.  I fill up my bathtub with enough water to provide hydration for half of a village...then I pull the plug after about 10 minutes and go about my life without even blinking an eye.  People risk their lives walking miles a day just to fill up a gallon jug of dirty, contaminated water.  I complain when I run out of Britta filters and have to drink regular tap water.  I fill up a cup of water, take a few sips, and then end up pouring out the rest because I didn't feel like drinking it anymore.  What I take for granted is worth more than gold.  What I take for granted can save lives.  Before you take another sip of water or take a nice long relaxing shower....please pause and pray for the millions and millions of people that can't even imagine what clean water tastes like.  Love you all and thank you!




http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign?campaign_id=5930

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?