Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Dailies 2010 Christmas Special....



 
Dear Everyone,

Merry Christmas!!!  2010 has been such an amazing year.  I feel like God has brought me to and through some challenging and awesome places this year.  I have learned so much from my readers as well as some truly amazing bloggers, like Knox , Jon , Alise, Kristin , Jeremy , Bryan , Matt , Jen , Jamie, MPT, Rachel, Hemant (look at me....giving props in my Christmas blog to an atheist), another Matt, Mike, Sharideth, and Tamara...just to name a few.  Thank you to all of you for sharing your words and your hearts.  You've challenged me more than I have ever been challenged in my life. I've laughed, I've cried...I've grown closer to God.  Thank you.  And thank you to everyone who reads my crazy thoughts and random ramblings.  I can't tell you how much your support has meant to me.  

My prayer this Holiday season is that we love one another.  I know it sounds cliche, but I really can't think of a better gift.  I love Mike Foster's idea of giving "scandalous grace".  Let's shock the world with our love and grace.  Let's show mercy instead of judgment.  If someone wants to say Happy Holidays...so what!....let them say it.  There are quite a few Holidays going on right now, and believe me, God can handle the competition.  There are so many chances to show God's love this Christmas.  Let's not squabble and fight over these little things.  God doesn't need us to defend Him.  He needs us to be His hands and His feet.  He needs us to speak life and love into the world.  

Jesus came so that we could have life.  He came so that we wouldn't be dead in our sins.  He came so that we would be able to know love.  Let's honor His sacrifice by loving the people He created.  Pray for the people that don't have a family to eat Christmas dinner with.  Pray for the little children that will be spending Christmas on the street.  

Let this be the year that you let go of past hurts and forgive.  Let this be the year that you hold your family a little tighter because you are so thankful to have them.  If you really want to make this season about Jesus, then do as He does....love, forgive, accept, encourage, heal, spend time with, laugh with, show mercy to, be graceful to, and care for each other.

I am so thankful for all that I have.  My deepest love to all my friends and family.  You complete me.

Merry Christmas!

Katie





1 comment:

  1. "Scandalous grace" I've never heard that used before, abut I LOVE it.

    "Let's show mercy instead of judgment." Seems like a simple idea, but so important. Super awesome call by you and a likewise Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin'?