Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Time of Peace....

As I was walking out of Christopher Hall, on West Virginia Wesleyan College's campus this evening following an amazing night with the WVWC Fellowship of Christian Athletes, I realized something.


I'm happy.

Deeply happy.

And it's not just your average happiness.  Feelings of happiness come and go.  It's the peace I have now that is the most amazing.  It's the peace that comes from the Holy Spirit.  The peace that defies all earthly understanding.  I don't understand it, but it's real.  It's so close I can wrap it around me like a scarf.

God has given me the most amazing gift, and I think I am just now realizing just how great it really is.  He has given me the gift of living each day one at a time.  


I don't know what tomorrow is going to bring.  My old agenda of non-stop emails, phones calls, and faxes, is gone.  Now I get the honor and privilege of taking my 89 year old Grammy to her doctors appointments and chat with her about old times.  I get to run errands with my dad and go to the gym with my mom.   I get to spend time with my family.  I get to face the ghosts of my past and lay them to rest for good. 

I am at peace.

I feel like I "should" feel like I need to be doing something else right now.  But I don't.  I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be, doin' exactly what God wants me to do.

I went out to our camp on the river on Thursday night and stayed until Friday evening.  Just me, God, and the river.  I spent all of Friday in prayer.  I got to sit in God's lap and let Him speak to me. 

The message I am hearing over and over again is the same no matter where I go:

God wants us to realize who we really are in Him.  He wants us to stop talking about a change, and make one.  He wants us to believe that what He says in the Bible is true and live accordingly.  It's time to stop living with one foot in the old and one foot in the new.   We need to realize the power we have.  Not for our glory, but for His.





Love,

Katie Peacetrain McNemar

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?