Monday, February 15, 2010

This Ship Has Sailed.....


"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

- Grace Hopper


I think I thought if I always did what felt safe....what I already knew....then I would be able to protect myself from the hardships, hurts, and pains of this world. I was wrong. Keeping myself from living my own life brought more pain than I could have imagined....to me, and to others. Slowly, as I have gotten closer to God over these last five or so years of my life, I have been able to release my sails, and pick up the anchors that were keeping me in one spot. Instead of feeling the breeze of the open waters and forging into uncertain waters...I was decaying. Instead of going wherever the wind takes me....I was anchored to false thoughts, false images of myself, and false people. I've come so far over the years. I've done things I could never imagine I would ever do. Finally....My ship has sailed. As I look to the horizon, I may not know where I am going and who I will meet along my voyage...but I have faith that as I lift each anchor...God will guide me to where I need to be. It's scary to be sailing full bore into the unknown dark and uncertain waters...but if I don't lift the anchors that drag along the ocean floor....I'm going to wreck myself. I will sink. So today, I lift another anchor and know that even though I am the captain of my own ship, my course is forever set toward God. And any if any ye scurvy seabags have a problem with that...ye can walk the plank! : )

Love,

Captain Ron...I mean, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'?